12-Bit, 80 MSPS/105 MSPS/125 MSPS/150 MSPS, 1.8 V Dual Analog-to-Digital Converter
The AD9627 is a dual, 12-bit, 80 MSPS/105 MSPS/125 MSPS/ 150 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The AD9627 is designed to support communications applications where low cost, small size and versatility are desired.
The dual ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth differential sample-and-hold analog input amplifiers supporting a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
The AD9627 has several functions that simplify the automatic gain control (AGC) function in the system receiver. The fast detect feature allows fast overrange detection by outputting four bits of input level information with very short latency.
In addition, the programmable threshold detector allows monitoring of the incoming signal power, using the four fast detect bits of the ADC with very low latency. If the input signal level exceeds the programmable threshold, the coarse upper threshold indicator goes high. Because this threshold indicator has very low latency, the user can quickly turn down the system gain to avoid an overrange condition.
The second AGC-related function is the signal monitor. This block allows the user to monitor the composite magnitude of the incoming signal, which aids in setting the gain to optimize the dynamic range of the overall system.
The ADC output data can be routed directly to the two external 12-bit output ports. These outputs can be set from 1.8 V to 3.3 V CMOS or 1.8 V LVDS. Flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired.
Programming for setup and control is accomplished using a 3-bit SPI-compatible serial interface.
The AD9627 is available in a 64-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Integrated dual, 12-bit, 80 MSPS/105 MSPS/125 MSPS/ 150 MSPS ADC.
- Fast overrange detect and signal monitor with serial output.
- Signal monitor block with dedicated serial output mode.
- Proprietary differential input that maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies up to 450 MHz.
- Operation from a single 1.8 V supply and a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 1.8 V to 3.3 V logic families.
- Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting (offset binary, twos complement, or gray coding), enabling the clock DCS, power-down, test modes, and voltage reference mode.
- Pin compatibility with the AD9640, AD9627-11, and AD9600 for a simple migration from 12 bits to 14 bits, 11 bits, or 10 bits.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G)
GSM, EDGE, WCDMA,
CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- General-purpose software radios
- Broadband data applications
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs and DACs. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, frequency response plots, and more.
Recommended ADC Drivers
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended External Reference
- For improved thermal drift and gain accuracy , we recommend the ADR130 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.