16-Bit, 20/40/65/80 MSPS, 1.8 V Analog-to-Digital Converter
The AD9266 is a monolithic, single-channel 1.8 V supply, 16-bit, 20 MSPS/40 MSPS/65 MSPS/80 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). It features a high performance sample-and-hold circuit and on-chip voltage reference.
The product uses multistage differential pipeline architecture with output error correction logic to provide 16-bit accuracy at 80 MSPS data rates and to guarantee no missing codes over the full operating temperature range.
The ADC contains several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable clock and data alignment and programmable digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
A differential clock input with a selectable internal 1-to-8 divide ratio controls all internal conversion cycles. An optional duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for wide variations in the clock duty cycle while maintaining excellent overall ADC performance.
The interleaved digital output data is presented in offset binary, gray code, or twos complement format. A data output clock (DCO) is provided to ensure proper latch timing with receiving logic. Both 1.8 V and 3.3 V CMOS levels are supported.
The AD9266 is available in a 32-lead RoHS-compliant LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
AD9266-EP Supports defense and aerospace applications (AQEC).Product Highlights
- The AD9266 operates from a single 1.8 V analog power supply and features a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 1.8 V to 3.3 V logic families.
- The patented sample-and-hold circuit maintains excellent performance for input frequencies up to 200 MHz and is designed for low cost, low power, and ease of use.
- A standard serial port interface supports various product features and functions, such as data output formatting, internal clock divider, power-down, DCO and data output (D15_D14 to D1_D0) timing and offset adjustments, and voltage reference modes.
- The AD9266 is packaged in a 32-lead RoHS-compliant LFCSP that is pin compatible with the AD9609 10-bit ADC, the AD9629 12-bit ADC, and the AD9649 14-bit ADC, enabling a simple migration path between 10-bit and 16-bit converters sampling from 20 MSPS to 80 MSPS.
- Diversity Radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers :
GSM, EDGE, WCDMA, LTE, CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- Smart antenna systems
- Battery-powered instruments
- Hand-held scope meters
- Spectrum Analyzers
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Most Helpful Review
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.