Quad, 14-Bit, 50 MSPS Serial LVDS 1.8 V ADC
The ADC requires a single 1.8 V power supply and LVPECL-/ CMOS-/LVDS-compatible sample rate clock for full performance operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications.
The ADC automatically multiplies the sample rate clock for the appropriate LVDS serial data rate. A data clock output (DCO) for capturing data on the output and a frame clock output (FCO) for signaling a new output byte are provided. Individual-channel power-down is supported and typically consumes less than 2 mW when all channels are disabled.
The ADC contains several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable clock and data alignment and programmable digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user- defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
The AD9259 is available in a RoHS compliant, 48-lead LFCSP. It is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Small Footprint. Four ADCs are contained in a small, space-saving package.
- Low power of 98 mW/channel at 50 MSPS.
- Ease of Use. A data clock output (DCO) operates at frequencies of up to 350 MHz and supports double data rate (DDR) operation.
- User Flexibility. The SPI control offers a wide range of flexible features to meet specific system requirements.
- Pin-Compatible Family. This includes the AD9287 (8-bit), AD9219 (10-bit), and AD9228 (12-bit).
- Medical imaging and nondestructive ultrasound
- Portable ultrasound and digital beam-forming systems
- Quadrature radio receivers
- Diversity radio receivers
- Tape drives
- Optical networking
- Test equipment
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended External Reference
- For improved thermal drift and gain accuracy , we recommend the ADR130 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.