14-Bit, 125 MSPS, 1.8 V Dual Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
The dual ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth differential sample-and-hold analog input amplifiers that support a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
The ADC output data can be routed directly to the two external 14-bit output ports. These outputs can be set to either 1.8 V CMOS or LVDS.
Flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired.
Programming for setup and control is accomplished using a 3-wire SPI-compatible serial interface.
The AD9258 is available in a 64-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- On-chip dither option for improved SFDR performance with low power analog input.
- Proprietary differential input that maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies up to 300 MHz.
- Operation from a single 1.8 V supply and a separate digital output driver supply accommodating 1.8 V CMOS or LVDS outputs.
- Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting (offset binary, twos complement, or gray coding), enabling the clock DCS, power-down, test modes, and voltage reference mode.
- Pin compatibility with the AD9268, allowing a simple migration from 14 bits to 16 bits. The AD9258 is also pin compatible with the AD9251, AD9231, and AD9204 family of products for lower sample rate, low power applications.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G)
GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE,
CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- General-purpose software radios
- Broadband data applications
- Ultrasound Equipment
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs and DACs. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, frequency response plots, and more.
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
Improve The Design Of Your Passive Wideband ADC Front-End Network
As converter technology improves, so does the demand to resolve very high intermediate frequencies (IFs) accurately...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.