14-Bit, 20 MSPS/40 MSPS/65 MSPS/80 MSPS 3 V A/D Converter
The wide bandwidth, truly differential SHA allows a variety of user-selectable input ranges and common modes, including single-ended applications. It is suitable for multiplexed systems that switch full-scale voltage levels in successive channels and for sampling single-channel inputs at frequencies well beyond the Nyquist rate. Combined with power and cost savings over previously available analog-to-digital converters, the AD9245 is suitable for applications in communications, imaging, and medical ultrasound.
A single-ended clock input is used to control all internal con-version cycles. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for wide variations in the clock duty cycle while maintaining excellent overall ADC performance. The digital output data is presented in straight binary or twos complement formats. An out-of-range (OTR) signal indicates an overflow condition that can be used with the most significant bit to determine low or high overflow. Fabricated on an advanced CMOS process, the AD9245 is available in a 32-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range (–40°C to +85°C).
- The AD9245 operates from a single 3 V power supply and features a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 2.5 V and 3.3 V logic families.
- The patented SHA input maintains excellent performance for input frequencies up to 100 MHz and can be configured for single-ended or differential operation.
- The AD9245 is pin-compatible with the AD9215, AD9235, and AD9236. This allows a simplified migration from 10 bits to 14 bits and 20 MSPS to 80 MSPS.
- The clock DCS maintains overall ADC performance over a wide range of clock pulse widths.
- The OTR output bit indicates when the signal is beyond the selected input range.
- Medical imaging equipment
- IF sampling in communications receivers
WCDMA, CDMA-One, CDMA-2000, and TDS-CDMA
- Battery-powered instruments
- Hand-held scopemeters
- Spectrum analyzers
- Power-sensitive military applications
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.