12-Bit, 80 MSPS/105 MSPS/125 MSPS, 1.8 V Analog-to-Digital Converter
The AD9233 is a monolithic, single 1.8 V supply, 12-bit, 80 MSPS/ 105 MSPS/125 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC), featuring a high performance sample-and-hold amplifier (SHA) and on-chip voltage reference. The product uses a multistage differential pipeline architecture with output error correction logic to provide 12-bit accuracy at 125 MSPS data rates and guarantees no missing codes over the full operating temperature range.
The wide bandwidth, truly differential SHA allows a variety of user-selectable input ranges and offsets, including single-ended applications. It is suitable for multiplexed systems that switch full-scale voltage levels in successive channels and for sampling single-channel inputs at frequencies well beyond the Nyquist rate. Combined with power and cost savings over previously available ADCs, the AD9233 is suitable for applications in communications, imaging, and medical ultrasound.
A differential clock input controls all internal conversion cycles. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for wide variations in the clock duty cycle while maintaining excellent overall ADC performance.
The digital output data is presented in offset binary, Gray code, or twos complement formats. A data output clock (DCO) is provided to ensure proper latch timing with receiving logic.
The AD9233 is available in a 48-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
- The AD9233 operates from a single 1.8 V power supply and features a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 1.8 V to 3.3 V logic families.
- The patented SHA input maintains excellent performance for input frequencies up to 225 MHz.
- The clock DCS maintains overall ADC performance over a wide range of clock pulse widths.
- A standard serial port interface supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting (offset binary, twos complement, or Gray coding), enabling the clock DCS, power-down, and voltage reference mode.
- The AD9233 is pin compatible with the AD9246, allowing a simple migration from 12 bits to 14 bits.
- Ultrasound equipment
- IF sampling in communications receivers
- IS-95, CDMA-One, IMT-2000
- Battery-powered instruments
- Hand-held scopemeters
- Low cost digital oscilloscopes
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Recommended ADC Drivers
Improve The Design Of Your Passive Wideband ADC Front-End Network
As converter technology improves, so does the demand to resolve very high intermediate frequencies (IFs) accurately...
Matching An ADC To A Transformer
by Rob Reeder, Analog Devices, Inc.
(Microwaves & RF, 7/2007)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.