10-Bit, 40/65/80/105 MSPS 3 V Dual A/D Converter
The AD9218 is a dual 10-bit monolithic sampling analog-to-digital converter with on-chip track-and-hold circuits. The product is low cost, low power, and is small and easy to use. The AD9218 operates at a 105 MSPS conversion rate with outstanding dynamic performance over its full operating range. Each channel can be operated independently.
The ADC requires only a single 3.0 V (2.7 V to 3.6 V) power supply and a clock for full operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications. The digital outputs are TTL/CMOS compatible and a separate output power supply pin supports interfacing with 3.3 V or 2.5 V logic.
The clock input is TTL/CMOS compatible and the 10-bit digital outputs can be operated from 3.0 V (2.5 V to 3.6 V) supplies. User-selectable options offer a combination of power-down modes, digital data formats, and digital data timing schemes. In power-down mode, the digital outputs are driven to a high impedance state.
- Low Power. Only 275 mW power dissipation per channel at 105 MSPS. Other speed grades proportionally scaled down while maintaining high ac performance.
- Pin Compatibility Upgrade. Allows easy migration from 8-bit to 10-bit devices. Pin compatible with the 8-bit AD9288 dual ADC.
- Easy to Use. On-chip reference and user controls provide flexibility in system design.
- High Performance. Maintains 54 dB SNR at 105 MSPS with a Nyquist input.
- Channel Crosstalk. Very low at –75 dBc. 6. Fabricated on an Advanced CMOS Process. Available in a 48-lead low profile quad flat package (7 mm × 7 mm LQFP) specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.