18-Bit, 100 kSPS PulSAR ADCs in MSOP/LFCSP
The AD7989-1/AD7989-5 are 18-bit, successive approximation, analog-to-digital converters (ADC) that operate from a single power supply, VDD. They contain a low power, high speed, 18-bit sampling ADC and a versatile serial interface port. On the CNV rising edge, the AD7989-1/AD7989-5 sample the voltage difference between the IN+ and IN− pins. The voltages on these pins usually swing in opposite phases between 0 V and VREF. The reference voltage, REF, is applied externally and can be set independent of the supply voltage, VDD. Its power scales linearly with throughput.
The SPI-compatible serial interface also features the ability, using the SDI input, to daisy-chain several ADCs on a single 3-wire bus. It is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3 V, and 5 V logic, using the separate VIO supply.
The AD7989-1/AD7989-5 are available in a 10-lead MSOP or a 10-lead LFCSP with operation specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Battery-powered equipment
- Data acquisition systems
- Medical instruments
- Seismic data acquisition systems
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
The EVAL-AD7989-5SDZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7989-1 and AD7989-5. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the System Development Platform, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z . When operated with the System Development Platform software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the System Development Platform . When operated in standalone mode the ADZS-BRKOUT-EX3 break out board is recommended for access to various control pins.
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI Interface, smallest package, low voltage I/O (1.8 V to 5.5 V) , we recommend the ADUM3481 .
- For SPI Interface, lowest power, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM1401 .
- For SPI Interface, low power, 5.0 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM4401 .
- For SPI Interface, enhanced system-level ESD performance, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM3401 .
Recommended External Voltage References
- For low drift, low noise, low power , we recommend the ADR4550 .
- For low drift, low noise and high current output applications , we recommend the ADR435 .
- For driving the voltage reference input , we recommend the AD8031 or the AD8655 .
- For low drift, low noise and low dropout , we recommend the ADR445 .
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For low frequency, precision, low bias current applications , we recommend the ADA4627-1, ada4610-2 or the AD8476 .
- For precision, low power, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4841-1, ADA4940-1 or the ADA4941-1 .
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4897-1 or the AD8021 .
Differential Drivers for Precision ADCs
Product Selection Guide
SAR ADC & Driver Quick-Match Guide
Find drivers for ADI's most popular single-ended and differential SAR ADCs based on your specific application...
Voltage Reference Design for Precision Successive-Approximation ADCs
(Analog Dialogue, Volume 47 – June 2013)
Front-End Amplifier and RC Filter Design for a Precision SAR...
MS-2124: Understanding AC Behaviors of High Speed ADCs
MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
MS-2022: Seven Steps to Successful Analog-to-Digital Signal Conversion...
MS-1779: Nine Often Overlooked ADC Specifications
Analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) have many specifications; some are more important for a given application than...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.