14-Bit, 500 kSPS PulSAR® ADC in MSOP
The AD7946 is a 14-bit, 500 kSPS, charge redistribution successive-approximation Analog-to-Digital Converter which operates from a single 5V power supply, VDD. It contains a very low power high-speed 16-bit sampling ADC with no missing codes, an internal conversion clock and a versatile serial interface port. The part also contains a low noise, wide bandwidth, very short aperture delay track/hold circuit. On the CNV rising edge, it samples an analog input IN+ between 0 V to REF with respect to a ground sense IN-. The reference voltage REF is applied externally and can be set up to the supply voltage.
Its power scales linearly with throughput.
The SPI compatible serial interface also features the ability, using the SDI input, to daisy chain several ADCs on a single 3 wire bus and provides an optional Busy indicator. It is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3 V or 5 V logic using the separate supply VIO.
The AD7946 is housed in a 10-lead µSOIC or 10-lead QFN (LFCSP) with operation specified from –40°C to +85°C.
- Battery-powered equipment
- Data acquisition
- Medical instruments
- Process control
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The EVAL-AD7946SDZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7946. This board operates in standalone mode or in conjunction with the System Development Platform, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z . When operated with the System Development Platform software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the System Development Platform . When operated in standalone mode the ADZS-BRKOUT-EX3 break out board is recommended for access to various control pins.
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI Interface, low power, 5.0 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM4401 .
- For SPI Interface, lowest power, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM1401 .
- For SPI Interface, smallest package, low voltage I/O (1.8 V to 5.5 V) , we recommend the ADUM3481 .
- For SPI Interface, enhanced system-level ESD performance, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM3401 .
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For precision, low power, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4841-1, ADA4896-2, AD8031 or the AD8031 .
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4897-1 or the AD8021 .
- For low frequency, precision, low bias current applications , we recommend the ADA4627-1, ADA4637-1 or the AD8610 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.