8-Channel, 1 MSPS, 12-Bit ADC with Sequencer in 20-Lead TSSOP
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS and the serial clock signal, allowing the device to easily interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS and conversion is also initiated at this point. There are no pipeline delays associated with the part.
The AD7908/AD7918/AD7928 use advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at maximum throughput rates. At maximum throughput rates, the AD7908/AD7918/AD7928 consume 2 mA maximum with 3 V supplies; with 5 V supplies, the current consumption is 2.7 mA maximum.
Through the configuration of the control register, the analog input range for the part can be selected as 0 V to REFIN or 0 V to 2 × REFIN, with either straight binary or twos complement output coding. The AD7908/AD7918/AD7928 each feature eight single-ended analog inputs with a channel sequencer to allow a preprogrammed selection of channels to be converted sequentially.
The conversion time for the AD7908/AD7918/AD7928 is determined by the SCLK frequency, which is also used as the master clock to control the conversion.
- High Throughput with Low Power Consumption. The AD7908/ AD7918/AD7928 offer up to 1 MSPS throughput rates. At the maximum throughput rate with 3 V supplies, the AD7908/ AD7918/AD7928 dissipate just 6 mW of power maximum.
- Eight Single-Ended Inputs with a Channel Sequencer. A sequence of channels can be selected, through which the ADC cycles and converts on.
- Single-Supply Operation with VDRIVE Function. The AD7908/ AD7918/AD7928 operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.25 V supply. The VDRIVE function allows the serial interface to connect directly to either 3 V or 5 V processor systems independent of AVDD.
- Flexible Power/Serial Clock Speed Management. The conversion rate is determined by the serial clock, allowing the conversion time to be reduced through the serial clock speed increase. The parts also feature various shutdown modes to maximize power efficiency at lower throughput rates. Current consumption is 0.5 μA max when in full shutdown.
- No Pipeline Delay. The parts feature a standard successive approximation ADC with accurate control of the sampling instant via a CS input and once off conversion control.
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The EVAL-AD79X8CBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7908, AD7918 and AD7928. Accompanying each EVAL-AD79X8CB is a sample box containing, 1 X AD7928, 1 X AD7918, and 1 X AD7908. Depending on the ADC required for evaluation the user can place the required ADC in the socket on the EVAL-AD79X8CB. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller board . When operated with the Evaluation Controller board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller board.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For single supply, high speed, low power , we recommend the AD8031, ADA4841-1 or the ADA4899-1 .
- For low frequency and low bias current , we recommend the ADA4627-1 .
- For low distortion, low noise, dual supplies , we recommend the AD8599 .
- For precision, low noise, low cost, single supply , we recommend the AD8605 or the AD8615 .
Recommended External References - 2.5V
- For applications requiring the lowest noise performance and output trim adjust , we recommend the ADR441 .
- For high output current applications , we recommend the ADR431 or the REF192 .
- For wide supply applications , we recommend the AD780 .
- For cost sensitive applications , we recommend the AD1582 or the ADR391 .
Product Selection Guide
SAR ADC & Driver Quick-Match Guide
Find drivers for ADI's most popular single-ended and differential SAR ADCs based on your specific application...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.