3 V/5 V, 2 MSPS, 8-Bit, 8-Channel ADC
The AD7829-1 is a high speed 8-channel, microprocessor-compatible, 8-bit analog-to-digital converter with a maximum throughput of 2 MSPS. The AD7829-1 contains an on-chip reference of 2.5 V (2% tolerance); a track/hold amplifier; a 420 ns, 8-bit half-flash ADC; and a high speed parallel interface. The converter can operate from a single 3 V ± 10% and 5 V ± 10% supply.
The AD7829-1 combines the convert start and power-down functions at one pin, that is, the CONVST pin. This allows a unique automatic power-down at the end of a conversion to be implemented. The logic level on the CONVST pin is sampled after the end of a conversion when an EOC (end of conversion) signal goes high, and if it is logic low at that point, the ADC is powered down. The parallel interface is designed to allow easy interfacing to microprocessors and DSPs. Using only address decoding logic, the parts are easily mapped into the microprocessor address space.
The EOC pulse allows the ADCs to be used in a stand-alone manner (see the Parallel Interface section).
The AD7829-1 is available in a 28-lead, wide body, small outline IC (SOIC_W) and a 28-lead thin shrink small outline package (TSSOP).
- Fast Conversion Time. The AD7829-1 has a conversion time of 420 ns. Faster conversion times maximize the DSP processing time in a real-time system.
- Analog Input Span Adjustment. The VMID pin allows the user to offset the input span. This feature can reduce the requirements of single-supply op amps and take into account any system offsets.
- FPBW (Full Power Bandwidth) of Track-and-Hold. The track-and-hold amplifier has excellent high frequency performance. The AD7829-1 is capable of converting fullscale input signals up to a frequency of 10 MHz, making the parts ideally suited to subsampling applications.
- Channel Selection. Channel selection is made without the necessity of writing to the part.
- Data acquisition systems, DSP front ends
- Disk drives
- Mobile communication systems, subsampling applications
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.