16-Bit, 4-Channel, 250 kSPS PulSAR ADC
The AD7682/AD7689 are 4-channel/8-channel, 16-bit, charge redistribution successive approximation register (SAR) analogto-digital converters (ADCs) that operate from a single power supply, VDD.
The AD7682/AD7689 contain all components for use in a multichannel, low power data acquisition system, including a true 16-bit SAR ADC with no missing codes; a 4-channel (AD7682) or 8-channel (AD7689) low crosstalk multiplexer that is useful for configuring the inputs as single-ended (with or without ground sense), differential, or bipolar; an internal low drift reference (selectable 2.5 V or 4.096 V) and buffer; a temperature sensor; a selectable one-pole filter; and a sequencer that is useful when channels are continuously scanned in order.
The AD7682/AD7689 use a simple SPI interface for writing to the configuration register and receiving conversion results. The SPI interface uses a separate supply, VIO, which is set to the host logic level. Power dissipation scales with throughput.
The AD7682/AD7689 are housed in a tiny 20-lead LFCSP and 20-lead WLCSP with operation specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Multichannel system monitoring
- Battery-powered equipment
- Medical instruments: ECG/EKG
- Mobile communications: GPS
- Power line monitoring
- Data acquisition
- Seismic data acquisition systems
- Process control
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The EVAL-AD7682EDZ is a fully featured evaluation Kit for the AD7682. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, EVAL-CED1Z . When operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board.
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI Interface, lowest power, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM1401 .
- For SPI Interface, enhanced system-level ESD performance, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM3401 .
- For SPI Interface, smallest package, low voltage I/O (1.8 V to 5.5 V) , we recommend the ADUM3481 .
- For SPI Interface, low power, 5.0 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM4401 .
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For precision, low power, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4805-1, ADA4805-2, ADA4841-1 or the ADA4841-2 .
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4807-1, ADA4807-2, ADA4897-1 or the ADA4897-2 .
- For low frequency, precision, low bias current applications , we recommend the ADA4627-1, ADA4637-1 or the AD8610 .
Recommended External Voltage References
Product Selection Guide
SAR ADC & Driver Quick-Match Guide
Find drivers for ADI's most popular single-ended and differential SAR ADCs based on your specific application...
MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
MS-1779: Nine Often Overlooked ADC Specifications
Analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) have many specifications; some are more important for a given application than...
Successive-Approximation ADCs: Ensuring a Valid First Conversion
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.