The AD7680 is a 16-bit, fast, low power, successive approximation ADC. The part operates from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V power supply and features throughput rates up to 100 kSPS. The part contains a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier that can handle input frequencies in excess of 7 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS and the serial clock, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS and the conversion is also initiated at this point. There are no pipelined delays associated with the part.
The AD7860 uses advanced design techniques to achieve very low-power dissipation at fast throughput rates. The reference for the part is taken internally from VDD. This allows the widest dynamic input range to the ADC. Thus the analog input range for the part is 0 to VDD. The conversion rate is determined by the SCLK frequency.
- First 16-bit ADC in a SOT-23 package.
- High throughput with low power consumption.
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management. The conversion rate is determined by the serial clock, allowing the conversion time to be reduced through the serial clock speed increase. This allows the average power consumption to be reduced when a power-down mode is used while not converting. The part also features a shutdown mode to maximize power efficiency at lower throughput rates. Power consumption is 0.5 μA max when in shutdown.
- Reference derived from the power supply.
- No pipeline delays.
- Process control
- Battery-powered systems:
Personal digital assistants
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Remote data acquisition systems
- High speed modems
- Optical sensors
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.