The AD7475/AD7495 are 12-bit, high speed, low power, successive-approximation ADCs that operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.25 V power supply with throughput rates up to 1 MSPS. They contain a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier that can handle input frequencies above 1 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS and the serial clock, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS and conversion is initiated at this point. The conversion time is determined by the SCLK frequency. There are no pipeline delays associated with the part.
The AD7475/AD7495 use advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates. With 3 V supplies and a 1 MSPS throughput rate, the AD7475 consumes just 1.5 mA, while the AD7495 consumes 2 mA. With 5 V supplies and 1 MSPS, the current consumption is 2.1 mA for the AD7475 and 2.6 mA for the AD7495.
The analog input range for the parts is 0 V to REF IN. The 2.5 V reference for the AD7475 is applied externally to the REF IN pin, while the AD7495 has an on-board 2.5 V reference.
- The AD7475 offers 1 MSPS throughput rates with 4.5 mW power consumption.
- Single-supply operation with VDRIVE function. The AD7475/AD7495 operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.25 V supply. The VDRIVE function allows the serial interface to connect directly to either 3 V or 5 V processor systems independent of VDD.
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management. The conversion rate is determined by the serial clock, allowing the conversion time to be reduced through the serial clock speed increase. The parts also feature shutdown modes to maximize power efficiency at lower throughput rates. This allows the average power consumption to be reduced while not converting. Power consumption is 1 μA when in full shutdown.
- No pipeline delay. The parts feature a standard successive approximation ADC with accurate control of the sampling instant via a CS input and once-off conversion control.
- Battery-powered systems
- Personal digital assistants
- Medical instruments
- Mobile communications
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Data acquisition systems
- Optical sensors
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.