The AD7476A/AD7477A/AD7478A are 12-bit, 10-bit, and 8-bit high speed, low power, successive-approximation analog-todigital converters (ADCs), respectively. The parts operate from a single 2.35 V to 5.25 V power supply and feature throughput rates up to 1 MSPS. The parts contain a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier that can handle input frequencies in excess of 13 MHz. The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS and the serial clock, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS, and the conversion is also initiated at this point. There are no pipeline delays associated with the parts. The AD7476A/AD7477A/ AD7478A use advanced design techniques to achieve low power dissipation at high throughput rates. The reference for the part is taken internally from VDD to allow the widest dynamic input range to the ADC. Thus, the analog input range for the part is 0 V to VDD. The conversion rate is determined by the SCLK.
- First 12-/10-/8-bit ADCs in a SC70 package.
- High throughput with low power consumption.
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management. The conversion rate is determined by the serial clock, allowing the conversion time to be reduced through the serial clock speed increase. This allows the average power consumption to be reduced when a power-down mode is used while not converting. The parts also feature a power-down mode to maximize power efficiency at lower throughput rates. Current consumption is 1 µA maximum and 50 nA typically when in power-down mode.
- Reference derived from the power supply.
- No pipeline delay. The parts feature a standard successive approximation ADC with accurate control of the sampling instant via a CS input and once-off conversion control.
- Battery-powered systems
- Personal digital assistants
- Medical instruments
- Mobile communications
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Data acquisition systems
- High speed modems
- Optical sensors
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
How to Save Power in Battery Applications Using the Power-Down Mode in an ADC
by Mercedes Casamayor and Claire Croke, Analog Devices, Inc. (Analog Dialogue, Vol. 37, 9/2003)
MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
MS-1779: Nine Often Overlooked ADC Specifications
Analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) have many specifications; some are more important for a given application than...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.