1 MSPS , 8-Channel, Software Selectable True Bipolar Input, 12-Bit Plus Sign A/D Converter
The AD7329 is an 8-Channel, 12-Bit Plus Sign Successive Approximation ADC. The ADC has a high-speed serial interface that can operate at throughput rates up to 1 MSPS. The ADC has a high-speed serial interface that can operate at throughput rates up to 250 kSPS.
The AD7329 can accept True Bipolar Analog input signals. The Ad7329 has four software selectable ranges, ±10 V, ±5 V, ±2.5 V and 0 to 10 V. Each analog input channel can be independently programmed to one of the input ranges by setting the appropriate bits in the Range Registers.
The Analog Input Channels can be configured as single ended, fully differential or pseudo differential. Dedicated Control Register bits are used to configure the Analog inputs.
The ADC contains a 2.5 V Internal reference. The AD7329 also allows for external Reference operation. If a 3 V external reference is applied to the REFIN/OUT pin, the ADC can handle a True Bipolar ± 12 V Analog input range. VDD and VSS supplies of ± 12 V are required for this ± 12 V input range.
The AD7329 has multiplexer output pins and ADC input pins. These allow the user to insert buffers, differential amplifiers or antialiasing filters, if required, between the Multiplexer and the ADC. This means that for eight analog inputs only a single driver is required for the AD7329.
The AD7329 has a number of power down mode to reduce power consumption at lower throughput rates.
- The AD7329 can accept True Bipolar Analog Input signals, ±10V, ±5V, ±2.5V and 0 to 10V unipolar signals.
- The Eight Analog Inputs can be configured as 8 Single-Ended inputs, 4 True Differential, 4 Pseudo Differential or 7 Pseudo Differential Inputs.
- SPI/QSPI/DSP/MICROWIRE compatible Interface.
- Low Power, TBD mW at maximum throughput rate.
- Channel Sequencer
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The EVAL-AD7329CBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7329. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller board . When operated with the Evaluation Controller board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller board.
Recommended Input Buffer Amplifiers
- For low noise and low frequency applications at medium supply voltages( up to +-13V) , we recommend the AD8610 or the AD8620 .
- For low noise and low power applications , we recommend the ADA4841-1, ADA4932-1, ADA4841-2 or the AD8137 .
- For low noise and low frequency at high supply voltages( up to +-18V) , we recommend the AD8597, ADA4627-1 or the AD8599 .
- For low noise and high frequency , we recommend the AD8021, ADA4899-1 or the AD8022 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.