10-Bit Monitor & Control System with ADC, DACs, Temperature Sensor and GPIOs
The AD7292 contains all the functionality required for general-purpose monitoring of analog signals and control of external devices, integrated into a single-chip solution. The AD7292 features an 8-channel, 10-bit SAR ADC, four 10-bit DACs, a ±1°C accurate internal temperature sensor, and 12 GPIOs to aid system monitoring and control.
The 10-bit, high speed, low power successive approximation register (SAR) ADC is designed to monitor a variety of single-ended input signals. Differential operation is also available by configuring VIN0 and VIN1 to operate as a differential pair.
The AD7292 offers a register programmable ADC sequencer, which enables the selection of a programmable sequence of channels for conversion.
Four 10-bit digital-to-analog converters (DACs) provide outputs from 0 V to 5 V. An internal, high accuracy, 1.25 V reference provides a separately buffered reference source for both the ADC and the DACs.
A high accuracy band gap temperature sensor is monitored and digitized by the 10-bit ADC to give a resolution of 0.03125°C. The AD7292 also features built-in limit and alarm functions.
The AD7292 is a highly integrated solution offered in a 36-lead LFCSP package with an operating temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- Base Station Power Amplifier (PA) Monitoring and Control
- RF Control Loops
- Optical Communication System Control
- General-Purpose System Monitoring and Control
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI Interface, low power, 5.0 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM4401 .
- For SPI Interface, smallest package, low voltage I/O (1.8 V to 5.5 V) , we recommend the ADUM3481 .
- For SPI Interface, lowest power, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM1401 .
- For SPI Interface, enhanced system-level ESD performance, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM3401 .
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion applications , we recommend the AD8022, ADA4897-1 or the ADA4899-1 .
- For low frequency, precision, low bias current , we recommend the ADA4627-1, ADA4000-2 or the ADA4610-2 .
- For precision, low power, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4841-1 or the ADA4932-1 .
Recommended External Voltage References - 5.0V
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.