10-Bit, A/D Converter, Complete with Reference and Clock
The AD571 is an 10-bit successive approximation A/D converter consisting of a DAC, voltage reference, clock, comparator, successive approximation register and output buffers--all fabricated on a single chip. No external components are required to perform a full accuracy 10-bit conversion in 40 µs.
Operating on supplies of +5 V to +15 V and -15 V, the AD571 will accepts analog inputs of 0 V to +10 V unipolar of ±5 V bipolar, externally selectable. When the BLANK and CONVERT input is driven low, the three state outputs will be open and a conversion will commence. Upon completion of the the DATA READY line goes low and the data pears at the output. Pulling the BLANK and CONVERT input high blanks the outputs and readies the device for the next version. The AD571 executes a true 10-bit conversion with no missing codes in 40 µs maximum.
The AD571 is available in two versions for the 0°C to +70°C temperature range, the AD571J and K. The AD571S guarantees 10-bit accuracy and no missing codes from -55°C to +125°C.
- The AD571 is a complete 10-bit A/D converter. No external components are required to perform a conversion. Full-scale calibration accuracy of ± 0.3% is achieved without external trims.
- The AD571 is a single chip device employing the most advanced IC processing techniques. Thus, the user has at his disposal a truly precision component with the reliability and low cost inherent in monolithic construction.
- The AD571 accepts either unipolar (0 V to +10 V) or bipolar (–5 V to +5 V) analog inputs by grounding or opening a single pin.
- The device offers true 10-bit accuracy and exhibits no missing codes over its entire operating temperature range.
- Operation is guaranteed with –15 V and +5 V or +15 V supplies. The device will also operate with a –12 V supply.
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.