Complete 8-Bit Successive Approximation Analog-to-Digital Converter
The AD570 is an 8-bit successive approximation A/D converter consisting of a DAC, voltage reference, clock, comparator, successive approximation register and output buffers-all fabricated on a single chip. No external components are required to perform a full accuracy 8-bit conversion in 25 µs.
The AD570 incorporates the most advanced integrated circuit design and processing technology available today. I2 L (integrated injection logic) processing in the fabrication of the SAR function along with laser trimming of the high stability SiCr thin-film resistor ladder network at the wafer stage (LWT) and a temperature compensated, subsurface Zener reference insures full 8-bit accuracy at low cost.
Operating on supplies of +5 V and -15 V, the AD570 accepts analog inputs of 0 V to +10 V unipolar of ±5 V bipolar, externally selectable. As the BLANK and CONVERT input is driven low, the three-state outputs go into the high impedance state and a conversion commences. Upon completion of the conversion, the DATA READY line goes low and the data appears at the output. Pulling the BLANK and CONVERT input high three states the outputs and readies the device for the next conversion. The AD570 executes a true 8-bit conversion with no missing codes in approximately 25 µs.
The AD570 is available in two versions; the AD570J is specified for the 0°C to +70°C temperature range, the AD570S for -55°C to +125°C. Both guarantee full 8-bit accuracy and no missing codes over their respective temperature ranges.
- The AD570 is a complete 8-bit A/D converter. No external components are required to perform a conversion. Full-scale calibration accuracy of ± 0.8% (2 LSB of 8 bits) is achieved without external trims.
- The AD570 is a single chip device employing the most advanced IC processing techniques. Thus, the user has at his disposal a truly precision component with the reliability and low cost inherent in monolithic construction.
- The AD570 accepts either unipolar (0 V to +10 V) or bipolar (–5 V to +5 V) analog inputs by grounding or opening a single pin.
- The device offers true 8-bit accuracy and exhibits no missing codes over its entire operating temperature range.
- Operation is guaranteed with –15 V and +5 V supplies. The device will also operate with a –12 V supply.
- The AD570S is also available processed to MIL-STD-883C, Class B. The military data sheet for the AD570SD/883B is included in the Analog Devices Military Products Databook.
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.