Low-Cost Sample-and-Hold Amplifier
The AD582 is a sample-and-hold amplifier consisting of a high performance operational amplifier, a low leakage analog switch and a JFET integrating amplifier – all fabricated on a single monolithic chip. An external holding capacitor, connected to the device, completes the sample-and-hold function.
With the analog switch closed, the AD582 functions like a standard op amp; any feedback network may be connected around the device to control gain and frequency response. With the switch open, the capacitor holds the output at its last level, regardless of input voltage.
Typical applications for the AD582 include sampled data systems, D/A deglitchers, analog de-multiplexers, auto null systems, strobed measurement systems and A/D speed enhancement.
The device is available in two versions: the "K" specified for operation over the 0 to +70° commercial temperature range and the "S" specified over the extended temperature range, -55°C to +125°C. All versions may be obtained in either the hermetic sealed, TO-100 can or the TO-116 DIP.
- The specially designed input stage presents a high impedance to the signal source in both sample and hold modes (up to ±12V). Even with signal levels up to ±VS, no undesirable signal inversion, peaking or loss of hold voltage occurs.
- The AD582 may be connected in any standard op amp configuration to control gain or frequency response and provide signal inversion, etc.
- The AD582 offers a high, sample-to-hold current ratio: 107. The ratio of the available charging current to the holding leakage current is often used as a figure of merit for a sample and hold circuit.
- The AD582 has a typical charge transfer less than 2pC. A low charge transfer produces less offset error and permits the use of smaller hold capacitors for faster signal acquisition.
- The AD582 provides separate analaog and digital grounds, thus improving the device's immunity to ground and switching transients.
- The AD582 is available in versions compliant with MIL-STD-883. Refer to the Analog Devices Military Products Databook or current AD582/883B data sheet for detailed specifications.
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.