Features and Benefits
- Frequency Range: 10MHz to 6GHz
- Accurate Power Measurement of High Crest Factor (Up to 12dB) Waveforms
- 40dB Log Linear Dynamic Range
- Exceptional Accuracy Over Temperature
- Fast Response Time: 1μs Rise, 8μs Fall
- Low Power: 1.4mA at 3.3V
- Log-Linear DC Output vs Input RF Power in dBm
- Small 3mm × 2mm 8-Pin DFN Package
- Single-Ended RF Input
The LT5581 is a 10MHz to 6GHz, low power monolithic precision RMS power detector. The RMS detector uses a proprietary technique to accurately measure the RF power from –34dBm to +6dBm (at 2.14GHz) of modulated signals with a crest factor as high as 12dB. It outputs a DC voltage in linear scale proportional to an RF input signal power in dBm. The LT5581 is suitable for precision power measurement and control for a wide variety of RF standards, including GSM/EDGE, CDMA, CDMA2000, W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, UMTS, LTE and WiMAX, etc. The final DC output is connected in series with an on-chip 300Ω resistor, which enables further filtering of the output modulation ripple with just a single off-chip capacitor.
- GSM/EDGE, CMDA, CDMA2000, W-CDMA, LTE, WiMAX RF Power Control
- Pico-Cells, Femto-Cells RF Power Control
- Wireless Repeaters
- CATV/DVB Transmitters
- MIMO Wireless Access Points
- Portable RMS Power Measurement Instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.