Features and Benefits
- Single Supply Operation
- Input Voltage Range Extends to Ground
- Output Swings to Ground while Sinking Current
- Guaranteed Offset Voltage: 50µV Max
- Guaranteed Low Drift: 1.3µV/°C Max
- Guaranteed Offset Current: 0.5nA Max
- Guaranteed High Gain
- 5mA Load Current: 1.5 Million Min
- 17mA Load Current: 0.8 Million Min
- Guaranteed Low Supply Current: 520µA Max
- Supply Current can be Reduced by a Factor of 4
- Low Voltage Noise, 0.1Hz to 10Hz: 0.55µVP-P
- Low Current Noise—Better than OP-07: 0.07pA/√Hz at 10Hz
- High Input Impedance: 250MΩ Min
- Minimum Supply Voltage: 2.7V Min
The LT1006 is the first precision single supply operational amplifier. Its design has been optimized for single supply operation with a full set of specifications at 5V. Specifications at ±15V are also provided.
The LT1006 has a low offset voltage of 20µV, drift of 0.2µV/°C, offset current of 120pA, gain of 2.5 million, common mode rejection of 114dB and power supply rejection of 126dB.
Although supply current is only 340µA, a novel output stage can source or sink in excess of 20mA while retaining high voltage gain. Common mode input range includes ground to accommodate low ground-referenced inputs from strain gauges or thermocouples, and output can swing to within a few millivolts of ground. If a higher slew rate (in excess of 1V/µs) or micropower operation (supply current down to 90µA) is required, the operating currents can be modified by connecting an external optional resistor to Pin 8.
For similar single supply precision dual and quad op amps, please see the LT1013/LT1014 datasheet. For micropower dual and quad op amps, please see the LT1078/LT1079 data sheet.
- Low Power Sample and Hold Circuits
- Battery Powered Precision Instrumentation
- Strain Gauge Signal Conditioners
- Thermocouple Amplifiers
- 4mA to 20mA Current Loop Transmitters
- Active Filters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Design Notes (14)
Application Notes (21)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.