Precision Instrumentation Amplifier
The AD524 is a precision monolithic instrumentation amplifier designed for data acquisition applications requiring high accuracy under worst-case operating conditions. An outstanding combination of high linearity, high common mode rejection, low offset voltage drift, and low noise makes the AD524 suitable for use in many data acquisition systems.
The AD524 has an output offset voltage drift of less than 25 µV/ °C, input offset voltage drift of less than 0.5 µV/°C, CMR above 90 dB at unity gain (120 dB at G = 1000) and maximum nonlinearity of 0.003% at G = 1. In addition to the outstanding dc specifications the AD524 also has a 25MHz gain bandwidth product (G = 1000). To make it suitable for high speed data ac-quisition systems the AD524 has an output slew rate of 5 V/µs and settles in 15µs to 0.01% for gains of 1 to 100.
As a complete amplifier the AD524 does not require any external components for fixed gains of 1, 10, 100 and 1,000. For other gain settings between 1 and 1000 only a single resistor is required. The AD524 input is fully protected for both power on and power off fault conditions.
The AD524 IC instrumentation amplifier is available in four different versions of accuracy and operating temperature range. The economical "A" grade, the low drift "B" grade and lower drift, higher linearity "C" grade are specified from -25°C to +85°C. The "S" grade guarantees performance to specification over the extended temperature range -55°C to +125°C. Devices are available in 16-pin ceramic DIP and SOIC packages and a 20-terminal leadless chip carrier.
- The AD524 has guaranteed low offset voltage, offset voltage drift, and low noise for precision high gain applications.
- The AD524 is functionally complete with pin program- mable gains of 1, 10, 100, and 1000, and single resistor programmable for any gain.
- Input and output offset nulling terminals are provided for very high precision applications and to minimize offset voltage changes in gain ranging applications.
- The AD524 is input protected for both power-on and power-off fault conditions.
- The AD524 offers superior dynamic performance with a gain bandwidth product of 25 MHz, full power response of 75 kHz and a settling time of 15 μs to 0.01% of a 20 V step (G = 100).
Data Sheet, Rev. F, 11/07
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.