Features and Benefits
- Matched Gain ±0.1dB
- Matched Phase ±0.2° at 100MHz
- Channel Separation 80dB at 100MHz
- 1.3GHz –3dB Bandwidth; Fixed Gain of 10V/V (20dB)
- IMD3 = –76dBc at 100MHz, 2VP-P
- Equivalent OIP3 = 42dBm at 100MHz
- 1nV/√Hz Internal Op Amp Noise
- 6.2dB Noise Figure
- Differential Inputs and Outputs
- Rail-to-Rail Output Swing
- 40mA Supply Current (120mW) per Amplifier
- 1V to 1.6V Output Common Mode Voltage, Adjustable
- DC- or AC-Coupled Operation
- 20-Lead 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN Package
The LTC6421-20 is a dual high speed differential amplifier targeted at processing signals from DC to 140MHz. The part has been specifically designed to drive 12-, 14- and 16-bit ADCs with low noise and low distortion, but can also be used as a general-purpose broadband gain block.
The LTC6421-20 is easy to use, with minimal support circuitry required. The output common mode voltage is set using an external pin, independent of the inputs, which eliminates the need for transformers or AC-coupling capacitors in many applications. The gain is internally fixed at 20dB (10V/ V).
The LTC6421-20 saves space and power compared to alternative solutions using IF gain blocks and transformers. The LTC6421-20 is packaged in a compact 20-lead 3mm × 4mm QFN package and operates over the – 40°C to 85°C temperature range.
- Differential ADC Driver
- Single Ended to Differential Conversion
- IF Sampling (Diversity) Receivers
- Broadband I/Q Amplifiers
- Satellite Communications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.