Features and Benefits
- 800MHz –3dB Small-Signal Bandwidth
- Continuously-Adjustable Gain Control
- –14dB to +17dB Linear-in-dB Gain Range
- 35dBm OIP3 at 240MHz Across All Gain Settings
- 10dB Noise Figure at Maximum Gain
- (IIP3 – NF) = +8dBm at 240MHz Across All Gains
- 2.7nV/√Hz Input Referred Noise
- Differential Inputs and Outputs
- 50Ω Input Impedance Across all Gains
- Single Supply Operation from 3V to 3.6V
- 110mA Supply Current
- 4mm × 4mm × 0.75mm 24-Pin QFN Package
The LTC6412 is a fully differential variable gain amplifier with linear-in-dB analog gain control. It is designed for AC-coupled operation in IF receiver chains from 1MHz to 500MHz. The part has a constant OIP3 across a wide output amplitude range and across the 31dB gain control range. The output noise (NF + Gain) is also fl at versus gain to provide a uniform spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) >120dB over the full gain control range at 240MHz.
The LTC6412 is ideal for interfacing with the LT5527 and LT5557 downconverting mixers, LTC6410-6 IF amplifier and the LTC6400/LTC6401/LTC6416 ADC drivers for use in 12-, 14-, and 16-bit ADC applications.
The LTC6412 recovers quickly from an overdrive condition, and the EN pin allows for a fast output signal disable to protect sensitive downstream components. Asserting the SHDN pin reduces the current consumption below 1mA for power-down or sleep modes.
- IF Signal Chain Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- 2.5G and 3G Cellular Basestation Transceivers
- WiMAX, WiBro, WLAN Receivers
- Satellite and GPS Receiver IF
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
Software & Systems Requirements
LTC6412 Companion Parts
Recommended µModule Receiver
Product Selector Card (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.