Features and Benefits
- Available with Adjustable Gain or Fixed Gain of 2, 5 or 10
- ±0.3% (Max) Gain Error from –40°C to 85°C
- 3.5ppm/°C Gain Temperature Coefficient
- 5ppm Gain Long Term Stability
- Fully Differential Input and Output
- CLOAD Stable up to 10,000pF
- Adjustable Output Common Mode Voltage
- Rail-to-Rail Output Swing
- Low Supply Current: 1mA (Max)
- High Output Current: 10mA (Min)
- Specified on a Single 2.7V to ±5V Supply
- DC Offset Voltage <2.5mV (Max)
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP Package
The LTC1992 product family consists of five fully differential, low power amplifiers. The LTC1992 is an unconstrained fully differential amplifier. The LTC1992-1, LTC1992-2, LTC1992-5 and LTC1992-10 are fixed gain blocks (with gains of 1, 2, 5 and 10 respectively) featuring precision on-chip resistors for accurate and ultrastable gain. All of the LTC1992 parts have a separate internal common mode feedback path for outstanding output phase balancing and reduced second order harmonics. The VOCM pin sets the output common mode level independent of the input common mode level. This feature makes level shifting of signals easy.
The amplifiers’ differential inputs operate with signals ranging from rail-to-rail with a common mode level from the negative supply up to 1.3V from the positive supply. The differential input DC offset is typically 250μV. The rail-to-rail outputs sink and source 10mA. The LTC1992 is stable for all capacitive loads up to 10,000pF.
The LTC1992 can be used in single supply applications with supply voltages as low as 2.7V. It can also be used with dual supplies up to ±5V. The LTC1992 is available in an 8-pin MSOP package.
- Differential Driver/Receiver
- Differential Amplification
- Single-Ended to Differential Conversion
- Level Shifting
- Trimmed Phase Response for Multichannel Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTC1992 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.