Features and Benefits
- Fully differential
- Extremely low power with power-down feature
2.6 mA quiescent supply current @ 5 V
450 µA in power-down mode @ 5 V
- High Speed
- 12-bit SFDR performance @ 500 kHz
- Fast settling time: 100 ns to 0.02%
- Low input offset voltage: ±2.6 mV max
- Low input offset current:
0.45 µA max
- Differential input and output
- Differential-to-differential or single-ended-to-differential operation
- Rail-to-rail output
- Adjustable output common-mode voltage
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD8137 is a low cost differential driver with a rail-to-rail output that is ideal for driving ADCs in systems that are sensitive to power and cost. The AD8137 is easy to apply, and its internal common-mode feedback architecture allows its output common-mode voltage to be controlled by the voltage applied to one pin. The internal feedback loop also provides inherently balanced outputs as well as suppression of even-order harmonic distortion products. Fully differential and single-ended-to-differential gain configurations are easily realized by the AD8137. External feedback networks consisting of four resistors determine the closed-loop gain of the amplifier. The power-down feature is beneficial in critical low power applications.
The AD8137 is manufactured on Analog Devices, Inc., proprietary second-generation XFCB process, enabling it to achieve high levels of performance with very low power consumption.
The AD8137 is available in the small 8-lead SOIC package and 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package. It is rated to operate over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- ADC drivers
- Portable instrumentation
- Battery-powered applications
- Single-ended-to-differential converters
- Differential active filters
- Video amplifiers
- Level shifters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
Two motors can be driven at the same time, each motor having its separate power supply. The system incorporates high quality power sources; reliable power, control, and feedback signals isolation; accurate measurement of motor current & voltage signals; high speed interfaces for control signals to allow fast controller response; industrial Ethernet high speed interfaces; single ended Hall, differential Hall, encoder and resolver interfaces; digital position sensors interface; flexible control with a FPGA/SoC interface.
The kit consists of two boards: a controller board and a drive board. An optional AD-DYNO2-EBZ dynamometer can also be purchased through Avnet and is intended to be an extension of the drive system.
- Digital board for interfacing with the low and high voltage drive boards
- Compatible with all Xilinx FPGA platforms with FMC LPC or HPC connectors
- FMC signals voltage adaptation interface for seamless operation on all FMC voltage levels
- Fully isolated digital control and feedback signals
- Isolated Xilinx XADC interface
- 2 x Gbit Ethernet PHYs for high speed industrial communication, with 3rd party EtherCAT support
- Single ended Hall, Differential Hall, Encoder, Resolver interfaces
- Digital sensors interfaces
- BISS Interface
- Drives motors up to 48V @ 20A
- Drives 2 motors simultaneously
- High frequency drive stage implemented with ADI isolated gate drivers
- Supported motor types
Stepper (bipolar / unipolar)
- Integrated over current protection
- Reverse voltage protection
- Current and Voltage measurement using isolated ADCs
- BEMF zero cross detection for sensorless control of PMSM or BLDC motors
- Separate voltage supplies for the 2 motors so that the motors don't influence each other
Dynamometer System with Embedded Control
- Two BLDC motors connected by a rigid couple in a dyno setup, which can be used to test real-time motor control performance.
- One BLDC motor acts as an electronically adjustable load and is driven by the embedded control system. This motor can be directly connected to the FMC motor drive to get complex / active loads. The load can be driven also by the AD-FMCMOTCON2-EBZ to implement dynamic load profiles.
- The other BLDC motor is driven by the FMC motor drive.
- Measurement and display of load motor current
- Measurement and display of load motor speed
- External control using Analog Discovery and MathWorks Instrumentation Control Toolbox
Example reference designs showing how to use the platform with Xilinx® FPGAs or SoCs and high performance control algorithms from Mathworks® are provided together with the hardware. Information on the FMC board, and how to use it, the design package that surrounds it, and the software which can make it work, can be found by clicking the software link.
Features & Benefits
The FMCMOTCON2 evaluation kit enables users to:
- Model and implement motor control algorithms rapidly for high performance servo systems, incorporating system modelling and design concepts using Mathworks model based design
- Reduce time needed to move a motor control system from concept to production, by providing a prototyping system to verify the hardware and control algorithms before moving to production stage.
The Universal Differential Amplifier Evaluation Boards can be used to evaluate single, high speed, fully differential amplifiers. The evaluation boards are bare boards that enable users to quickly prototype a variety of differential or single-ended circuits, which minimizes risk and reduces time to market. These boards are all RoHs Compliant. See references below on what board to order by lead count and package.
Application Notes (7)
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPE, which is powered by SIMetrix/SIMPLIS, is a circuit simulation suite optimized for the design and development of analog and mixed signal circuits. SIMetrix mode is ideal for the simulation of general non-switching circuits. It provides full Pspice compatibility for use with industry-standard SPICE models. SIMPLIS (SIMulation Piecewise-Linear System) mode simulates the operation of switching circuits with vastly improved robustness, speed, and accuracy compared to standard SPICE. It is particularly useful for switching power supply, PLLs, and ADC/DAC applications.
ADI's new ADI DiffAmpCalc™ is a free, downloadable calculator for designing differential amplifier circuits. The tool is easy to use and features an interactive user interface to quickly get you up and running.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Rarely Asked Questions (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.