100 MHz to 30 GHz, Silicon SPDT Switch
New Content (1)
Product Selection GuideRF, Microwave, and Millimeter Wave IC Selection Guide 2018
Features and Benefits
- Ultrawideband frequency range: 9 kHz to 30 GHz
- Nonreflective 50 Ω design
- Low insertion loss: 2.0 dB to 30 GHz
- High isolation: 60 dB to 30 GHz
- High input linearity
- 1 dB power compression (P1dB): 28 dBm typical
- Third-order intercept (IP3): 52 dBm typical
- High power handling
- 24 dBm through path
- 24 dBm terminated path
- ESD sensitivity: Class 1, 1 kV human body model (HBM)
- 20-terminal, 3 mm × 3 mm land grid array package
- No low frequency spurious
- Radio frequency (RF) settling time (to 0.1 dB of final RF output): 6.2 μs
The ADRF5021 is a general-purpose single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switch manufactured using a silicon process. It comes in a 3 mm × 3 mm, 20-lead land grid array (LGA) package and provides high isolation and low insertion loss from 9 kHz to 30 GHz.
This broadband switch requires dual supply voltages, +3.3 V and −2.5 V, and provides CMOS/LVTTL logic-compatible control.
- Test instrumentation
- Microwave radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
- Military radios, radars, electronic counter measures (ECMs)
- Broadband telecommunications systems
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADRF5021-EVALZ is a fully populated, 4-layer, RO4003 based evaluation board. Two power supply of +3.3 V and -2.5 V should be applied to the VDD and VSS test points respectively while ground reference is connected to the GND test point.
Two control voltages of 0/+3.3 V that select the switch state are applied to the EN and CTRL test points. The RF input signal can be applied to the end-launch, 2.4 mm RF connector labeled RFC and the RF output signals can be measured on the end-launch, 2.4 mm RF connectors labeled RF1 and RF2.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.