Features and Benefits
- DC to 11.3 Gbps per port, NRZ data rate
- Multitime constant, programmable receive equalization
- Compensates 25 inches of FR408 at 10.3125 Gbps
- Compensates 15 inches of FR408 at 11.3 Gbps
- 6-tap programmable transmit feedforward equalization (FFE)
- Compensates 15 inches of FR408 at 10.3125 Gbps
- Compensates 10 inches of FR408 at 11.3 Gbps
- Low power
- 150 mW per channel at 2.5 V (outputs enabled)
- 12 × 12, fully differential, nonblocking array
- Double rank connection programming
- 2-pin selectable connection maps
- Per lane lost of signal (LOS) detection
- Flexible output termination supply range (1.8 V to 3.3 V)
- See data sheet for additional features
The ADN4612 is a 12 × 12 asynchronous, protocol agnostic, digital crosspoint switch with 12 differential PECL-/CML-compatible inputs and 12 differential CML outputs.
The ADN4612 is optimized for nonreturn-to-zero (NRZ) signaling with data rates of up to 11.3 Gbps per port. Each port provides programmable input equalization, loss of signal (LOS) detection, programmable output swing, and output preemphasis/deemphasis.
The ADN4612 nonblocking switch core implements a 12 × 12 crossbar and supports independent channel switching through the serial control interface. The ADN4612 has low latency and very low channel-to-channel skew.
The ADN4612 is packaged in an 88-lead LFCSP package and operates from −40°C to +85°C.
- Fiber optic network switching
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet over backplane 10GBASE-KR 802.3ap
- XLAUI/CAUI (802.3ba)
- SONET OC-192/STM-64x
- 1×, 2×, 4×, 8×, and 10× Fibre Channel
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADN4612 evaluation board provides access to all 12 differential input ports and 12 differential output ports of the ADN4612 via top launch SMA connectors. Each input and output pair is ac-coupled using a 0.1 μF capacitor.
All microstrip (top layer) transmission lines use a RoHs compliant, Megtron-6 dielectric. The differential transmission line pairs are 10 mil wide with 7.5 mil spacing and are designed to have a differential characteristic impedance of 100 Ω. The stripline (middle layers) transmission lines are RoHs compliant, FR-4 material.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the ADN4612
- USB to I2C control interface
- On-board power distribution network
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.