Features and Benefits
- Input voltage range: 4.5V to 16V
- Maximum output current: 800mA
- Adjustable output from 1.5V to 5.1V
- Low Noise:
1.0 μVRMS Total Integrated Noise from 100 Hz to 100 KHz
1.6 μVRMS Total Integrated Noise from 10 Hz to 100 KHz
- Noise Spectral Density <1.7nV√Hz above 10 KHz
- PSRR of >90 dB from 1 KHz to 100 KHz, >60dB @ 1 MHz, VOUT = 5V
- Dropout voltage: 600 mV @ VOUT = 5 V/800 mA load
- Initial accuracy: ±1%
- Accuracy over line, load, and temperature: ±2%
- Quiescent Current, IGND = 4.3 mA @ No Load
- Low shutdown current: 0.1 μA
- Stable with a 10 μF ceramic output capacitor
- 8-lead LFCSP package and SOIC package
The ADM7151 is a low dropout linear regulator that operates from 4.5 V to 16V and provides up to 800mA of output current. Using an advanced proprietary architecture, they provide high power supply rejection, low noise, and achieve excellent line and load transient response with a 10 μF ceramic output capacitor. The output voltage may be set to any voltage between 1.5V and 5.1V with two resistors.
The ADM7151 is available in 2 models that optimize power dissipation and PSRR performance as a function of input and output voltage.The ADM7151 regulator output noise is 1.0 μVrms (100Hz to 100KHz) and 1.7nV/√Hz noise spectral density above 10KHz.
The ADM7151 is available in 8-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP and 8-lead SOIC packages, making it not only a very compact solution, but also providing excellent thermal performance for applications requiring up to 800mA of output current in a small, low-profile footprint.
ADM7151 is an adjustable Vout device. For fixed Vout version of the ADM7151, see the ADM7150.
- Regulation to noise sensitive applications: RF Mixers, PLL’s, VCO’s, and PLL’s with Integrated VCO’s
- Clock distribution circuits
- Ultrasound and other imaging applications
- High speed RF transceivers
- High speed, 16 bit+ ADCs
- Communications and Infrastructure
Markets & Technology
- Clinical Monitoring
- ECG Patient Monitoring
- EEG Measurement
- Medical Isolation and Patient Safety
- NiBP based on BCG and PPG
- NiBP based on ECG and PPG
- Respiration Measurement
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Portable Blood Analyzer
- Body Composition Measurement
- Body-Worn Insulin Pump
- Motion Sensing/Fall Detection
- Sport Watch
- Wearable Health Monitor
- Medical Ultrasound
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADM7150CP-EVALZ and ADM7151CP-04-EVALZ evaluation boards are used to demonstrate the functionality of the ADM7150 and ADM7151 linear regulators, respectively.
Simple device measurements, such as line and load regulation, dropout, and ground current, can be demonstrated with just a single voltage source, a voltmeter, an ammeter, and load resistors.
Note:ADM7151 is adjustable and requires two resistors to set the output voltage
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPower is the fastest and most accurate Power Management design tool. ADI's Design Center lets you design your power circuits in three easy steps.
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.