Features and Benefits
- Complete multistage logarithmic amplifier
- 92 dB dynamic range: –75 dBm to +17 dBm to –90 dBm using matching network
- Single supply of 2.7 V minimum at 7.5 mA typical
- DC to 500 MHz operation, ±1 dB linearity
- Slope of 25 mV/dB, intercept of –84 dBm
- Highly stable scaling over temperature
- Fully differential dc-coupled signal path
- 100 ns power-up time, 150 µA sleep current
The AD8307 is the first logarithmic amplifier made available in an 8-lead SOIC_N package. It is a complete 500 MHz monolithic demodulating logarithmic amplifier based on the progressive compression (successive detection) technique, providing a dynamic range of 92 dB to ±3 dB law conformance and 88 dB to a tight ±1 dB error bound at all frequencies up to 100 MHz. The AD8307 is extremely stable and easy to use, requiring no significant external components. A single-supply voltage of 2.7 V to 5.5 V at 7.5 mA is needed. A fast acting CMOS-compatible control pin can disable the AD8307 to a standby current of 150 μA.
The AD8307 operates over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C and is available in an 8-lead SOIC package and an 8-lead PDIP.
- Conversion of signal level to decibel form
- Transmitter antenna power measurement
- Receiver signal strength indication (RSSI)
- Low cost radar and sonar signal processing
- Network and spectrum analyzers (to 120 dB)
- Signal level determination down to 20 Hz
- True decibel ac mode for multimeters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPLL enables the rapid and reliable evaluation of new high performance PLL products from ADI. It is the most comprehensive PLL Synthesizer design and simulation tool available today. Simulations performed include all key non-linear effects that are significant in affecting PLL performance. ADIsimPLL removes at least one iteration from the design process, thereby speeding the design- to-market.
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (7)
Rarely Asked Questions (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.