Features and Benefits
- 2.3 A peak output current (<2 Ω RDSON_x)
- 2.5 V to 6.5 V VDD1 input
- 4.5V to 35 V VDD2 output
- UVLO at 2.3 V VDD1
- Multiple UVLO options on VDD2
- Grade A—4.4 V (typical) positive going threshold
- Grade B—7.3 V (typical) positive going threshold
- Grade C—11.3 V (typical) positive going threshold
- Precise timing characteristics
- 79 ns maximum isolator and driver propagation delay falling edge (ADuM4120)
- CMOS input logic levels
- High common-mode transient immunity: 150 kV/μs
- High junction temperature operation: 125°C
- Default low output
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL recognition per UL 1577
- 5 kV rms for 1 minute SOIC long package
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 849 V peak
- UL recognition per UL 1577
- 8 mm creepage
- Wide body, 6-lead SOIC with increased creepage
The ADuM4120/ADuM4120-1 are 2 A isolated, single-channel drivers that employ Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to provide precision isolation. The ADuM4120/ADuM4120-1 provide 5 kV rms isolation in the 6-lead wide body SOIC package with increased creepage. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics, such as the combination of pulse transformers and gate drivers.
The ADuM4120/ADuM4120-1 operate with input supplies ranging from 2.5 V to 6.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems. In comparison to gate drivers employing high voltage level translation methodologies, the ADuM4120/ ADuM4120-1 offer the benefit of true, galvanic isolation between the input and the output.
Options exist for models with and without an input glitch filter. The glitch filter helps reduce the chance of noise on the input pin triggering an output.
As a result, the ADuM4120/ADuM4120-1 provide reliable control over the switching characteristics of insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT)/metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET) configurations over a wide range of switching voltages.
- Switching power supplies
- IGBT/MOSFET gate drivers
- Industrial inverters
- Gallium nitride (GaN)/silicon carbide (SiC) power devices
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The evaluation boards EVAL-ADuM4120EBZ and EVAL-ADuM4120-1EBZ support the ADuM4120/ADuM4120-1 single-channel gate drivers with an integrated miller clamp. Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology provides isolation between the input signal and the output gate driver. The EVAL- ADuM4120-1EBZ option is populated with the ADuM4120-1 that does not contain an internal input glitch filter, resulting in lower propagation delays.
The instructions and components in UG-1109 apply to both the EVAL-ADuM4120EBZ and EVAL-ADuM4120-1EBZ.
The ADuM4120/ADuM4120-1 provides operation with voltages of up to 35 V. The high common-mode transient immunity (CMTI) and robust drive strength makes the ADuM4120/ADuM4120-1 an excellent fit for fast switching technologies.
The EVAL-ADuM4120EBZ evaluation board facilitates testing of the propagation delay, drive strength, and input logic of the device.
For complete information about the ADuM4120/ADuM4120-1, refer to the ADuM4120/ADuM4120-1 data sheet that should be consulted in conjunction with UG-1109 when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 2 A peak drive output capability
- Output power device resistance: <2 Ω
- Low propagation delay: <51 ns
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Output voltage range to 35 V
- Output and input undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- Pad placement for multiple switch types
- Screw terminals for easy connectivity
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.