Development tools provide easier and more robust methods for engineers to develop and optimize DSP systems and shorten product development cycles for faster time-to-market. The Development Tools components include:
- EZ-KIT Lite®: Desktop evaluation board includes an evaluation suite of VisualDSP++® development environment. The evaluation suite of VisualDSP++ has limited memory only.
- EZ-Extender®: The Blackfin EZ-Extender daughter boards and the SHARC EZ-Extender daughter boards give developers access and ability to connect various peripherals from Analog Devices and third parties to the expansion interface of the EZ-KIT Lite evaluation kits.
- EZ-Board: The Blackfin EZ-Board evaluation board and the SHARC EZ-Board evaluation board provides developers with a low-cost platform for initial evaluation of the Analog Devices processors via an external JTAG emulator or standalone * debug agent board. The Blackfin Processor versions of the EZ-Board also support uClinux®.
- Starter Kit: Provides everything needed to get started on an application. Starter Kits contain a Blackfin EZ-KIT Lite, EZ-Extender daughter board(s), and the Software Development Kit (SDK) which contains sample code, "how to" documents, and various encoders/decoders that make getting started on an application easy and shorten the learning curve.
- Debug Agent Board: The Standalone Debug Agent is intended to provide a modular low cost emulation solution for EZ-Boards as well as evaluation boards designed by third parties. The standalone debug agent is very similar to the debug agent that is on existing EZ-KIT Lites but will have the flexibility to move from one board to another board.
- Emulators: Rapid on-chip debugging allows developers to load code, set breakpoints, and observe variables, memory, registers, etc. There is a USB-based Emulator and the latest Blackfin 100B Emulator.
ADI Emulator feature comparison. (pdf, 128KB)
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio: Integrated software development environment based on the Eclipse framework which includes C/C++ and assembly language code generation tools for new and most legacy Blackfin® and SHARC® processors. Provides integrated support for TCP/IP stacks, popular Micrium embedded software components (RTOS, File System, USB Stacks), Analog Devices multicore processors, and algorithmic software modules.
- VisualDSP++®: Software development environment includes a C++ compiler, assembler, and linker, enhanced user interface, advanced plotting tools and statistical profiling to easily identify programming bottlenecks.
- Software Development Kit (SDK): Software Development Kit (SDK): contains example software, source code, device drivers, algorithms, utilities information and application notes that allow you to develop processor applications. The software can be used as a framework, or as examples of how to use certain aspects and peripherals, in conjunction with an ADI processor.
- Software Modules: Software modules include audio and video codecs, encoders, decoders, post processing code and other modules to speed development and evaluate processors.
* This board is not equipped with any JTAG debug circuitry. To debug you must have a Debug Agent Board or Emulator. The EZ-Board has an expansion interface that allows for modularity with different EZ-Extender boards. The Standalone Debug Agent is intended to provide a modular low cost emulation solution for EZ-Boards as well as evaluation boards designed by third parties. The standalone debug agent is very similar to the debug agent that is on existing EZ-KIT Lites but will have the flexibility to move from one board to another board.
back to top