WAV PCM UTILITIES
WAV PCM Utilities
- Supports circular buffering
- Conversion between floating and packed fixed point representation can be done on the fly as audio data is read from or written to a file, or done on buffered audio data stored in DSP memory
- Parses RIFF headers found in WAV files
- Writes RIFF headers in order to create WAV files
- Supports the WAVE Extensible Format
- Conversion between floating point PCM representation (as typically used on SHARC) and packed fixed point representation (as stored in the audio files)
- Handles 16/24/32 bits packed fixed point representation and 32 bit floating-point representation per sample per sample
- Supports the Blackfin® ADSP-BF5xx/ADSP-BF60x and SHARC® ADSP-214xx/ADSP-2136x processor families
|Processor Family|| Code memory (KiB)
||Data RAM (KiB)||Constant Data Tables (KiB)|
- Data RAM for one instance includes Stack, Scratch, Instance/Stage, Minimum Input and Output Single Buffers.
- 1 KiB = 1024 Bytes.
| WAV Parsing
|| 156 Cycles/Byte
|| 218 Cycles/Byte
| Fix packed to Float PCM Conversion
|| 3.0 MIPS
|| 19 MIPS
| Float to Fix packed PCM Conversion
|| 3.6 MIPS
|| 20 MIPS
| Fix packed to fix 32-bit PCM Conversion
|| 3.0 MIPS
|| 4.5 MIPS
| Fix 32-bit to fix packed PCM Conversion
|| 3.5 MIPS
|| 5 MIPS
- This table highlights example SHARC and Blackfin processors and approximate MIPS performance per channel. Some processors with high speed external memory interfaces (32-bit versus 16-bit or DDR versus SDRAM) can help reduce overall MIPS requirements.
- The performance is similar regardless of the bit-width in the packed format.
- PCM Conversion MIPS is measured by assuming sampling frequency is 48 KHz.
- WAV parser performance is measured by using general 44-byte header wave files.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 8 Professional/Enterprise (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio latest release (preferred), or VisualDSP++ 5.1 for Analog Devices processors and its latest update.