SigmaStudio for SHARC
SigmaStudio™ for SHARC is a programming, development, and tuning software environment that allows an audio designer to graphically design and program audio applications utilizing an extensive set of pre-built audio algorithms.
SigmaStudio™ for SHARC® is a programming, development, and tuning software environment that allows an audio designer to graphically design and program audio applications utilizing an extensive set of pre-built audio algorithms.
SigmaStudio for SHARC allows audio engineers to wire together familiar audio processing blocks in a schematic-like layout, while a compiler generates DSP-ready code and a "control surface" for setting and tuning all parameters in real time, directly on the production system. The SigmaStudio for SHARC tool is powerful enough to satisfy the demands of experienced DSP engineers, while allowing audio developers with little or no DSP code writing experience to easily implement a SHARC audio processor in their design. . SigmaStudio for SHARC links with both Analog Devices evaluation boards and production designs to provide full in-circuit real-time IC control.
SigmaStudio for SHARC includes an extensive library of over 100 algorithms to perform audio processing such as filtering, mixing, and dynamics processing, as well as basic low-level DSP functions and control blocks. Plug-in algorithms from Analog Devices and 3rd party partners can be added to SigmaStudio's drag-and-drop library. SigmaStudio for SHARC also contains the Algorithm Designer, which can be used to turn any CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors object library into a drag-and-drop module accessible through the SigmaStudio GUI.
SigmaStudio for SHARC is a SigmaStudio plug-in module that uses and supports signal processing functions provided by the SHARC Audio Toolbox software (SATBX) module. All the algorithms contained in the SATBX are block processing modules that can be used in the schematic as any other SigmaStudio processing cell.
SigmaStudio for SHARC is a free download, and requires a Windows PC with CrossCore Embedded Studio IDE and the original SigmaStudio Graphical Development Tool installed, a supported SHARC EZ-Board and USB adaptor cables.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.
- SigmaStudio™ Graphical Development Tool.