DTS UpMix Decoder, SHARC
The Digital Theatre Systems (DTS) Neural Upmix Decoder library for the SHARC processor supports output of 5.1 or 7.1 multi-channel surround sound from stereo (227 mode) or 5.1 (527 mode) source material.
- Target Processor: Code compatible across the SHARC processor Family ADSP-214xx.
- Release format: Object code module with C source wrapper.
- Input format: Non-interleaved multichannel 32-bit signed PCM audio samples.
- Input buffer samples per block: 128 or 256 samples per channel.
- Framework dependencies: None.
- Output format: Non-interleaved multichannel 32-bit signed PCM audio samples.
- Sample Rate: 32kHz, 44.1kHZ and 48kHz.
- Number of output channels: Up to 7.1 discrete or phantom channels.
- Low latency mode.
- DICE mode to enhance audio sourced from compressed sources.
- Output limiter to eliminate audio distortion caused by clipping.
- Various configurable parameters for tuning front/centre/rear bias.
- Multi-threading: Fully re-entrant and multi-instancing capable.
- DTS certified on ADSP-21462/5/7/9, ADSP-21471/2/5/8/9, and ADSP-21481/2/3/5/6/7/8/9 processors.
DTS Neural UpMix technology can output 5.1 or 7.1 multi-channel surround sound from stereo (227 mode) or 5.1 (527 mode) source material. The technology spectrally separates individual audio elements and places each in its intended location within the surround environment. This results in unparalleled image placement and audio depth. It is widely used in XM satellite radio. Up mixing on stereo decoded sources such as 2.0 Dolby digital, AAC, MP3, WMA etc, is also possible.
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
|Mode||Code memory (KiB)
||Data RAM (KiB)||Constant Data Tables (KiB)
- MIPS measured using Fs = 48kHz, optimal memory layout, worst case test vector.
- MIPS for both 227 and 527 modes measured using 6.1 output channel configuration; a frame size of 256 samples; low latency mode; DICE mode enabled; output limiter enabled; running on a ADSP-21469.
- "Data RAM" for one instance, includes Stack, Scratch, Instance/State, Minimum Input and Output Single Buffers.
- Both input and output buffer size used for data memory calculation is 1024 bytes each (utilizing a frame size of 256 samples per channel).
- The DTS Neural Upmix library was built using CrossCore® Embedded Studio 1.0.1.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit).
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio 1.0.1 for Analog Devices Processors.
- VisualDSP++ 5.0 Update 10.