DTS Surround Decoder, SHARC
The Digital Theatre Systems (DTS) Surround Sensation Decoder library for the SHARC processor is an audio post-processing module that delivers an enhanced stereo experience from a multi-channel surround source.
DTS Surround Sensation for SHARC is an audio post-processing module specified by DTS Inc. for the purpose of delivering enhanced stereo experience from a multi-channel surround source. It offers virtualization algorithms for both headphones and speaker output modes. In addition to superior down-mixing functions, the technology also includes enhancement to bass as well as creating clearer dialog audio in movie soundtracks.
| Modeing Mode
||Code Memory (KiB)||Data RAM (KiB)||Constant Data Tables (KiB)||MIPS|
| Headphone Mode
| Speaker Mode
- This table highlights example SHARC processors and expected MIPS performance.
- MIPS measured using bass enhancement/voice clarity/LFE mix enabled, typical sample rate Fs=48 kHz, optimal memory layout, 5.1 channels input, with a typical buffer size of 512 samples per channel running on ADSP-21469 processor silicon revision 0.2.
- Memory usage is for headphone virtualization mode, which can also be used for speaker virtualization mode.
- “Data RAM” for one instance includes stack, scratch, instance, and minimum size single buffer shared for input and output.
- 1 KiB = 1024 Bytes.
- “Averaged Peak” is a four frame moving average of the MIPS consumed by the module.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.