Dolby Headphone v2, SHARC
The Dolby Headphone v2 library for the SHARC processor is a proprietary algorithm from Dolby Laboratories intended for creating 5.1 realistic surround sound effects on headphones.
Dolby® Headphone v2 is a propriety algorithm from Dolby Labs intended for creating 5.1 realistic surround sound effects on headphones. The Dolby Headphone v2 technology is capable of processing 24 bit/96 kHz audio such as DVD Audio with MLP lossless which produces surround sound bit for bit identical to studio masters. Dolby Headphone v2 while providing benefits like personal listening experience, also delivers 5.1 surround effects on the stereo channels when used with Dolby Pro Logic II.
This module can only be shipped to pre-approved Dolby "qualified recipients".
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
|SHARC Processor||Code RAM (KiB)||Data RAM (KiB)||Constant Data Tables (KiB)||MIPS
- This table highlights example SHARC processors and expected MIPS performance.
- MIPS measured using typical bit rates Fs=48 kHz, optimal memory layout, worst case test vector, 7.1 channels, with a typical buffer size of 128 samples per channel , running on ADSP-21364 processor silicon revision 0.5, ADSP-21489 processor silicon revision 0.1, and ADSP-SC589 silicon revision 0.1.
- “Data RAM” for one instance includes stack, scratch, instance, and minimum size single buffer shared for input and output.
- 1 KiB = 1024 Bytes.
- “Averaged Peak” is a four frame moving average of the MIPS consumed by the module.
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit).
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.