The Asynchronous Sample Rate Converter (ASRC) library for the SHARC processor implements an audio sampling rate conversion in both consumer and professional applications. The ASRC supports a variety of sample rate configurations.
Asynchronous Sample Rate Converter (ASRC) is used for audio sampling rate conversion in both consumer and professional applications. The ASRC software module supports a variety of sample rate configurations. The ASRC software module can be used to change the sampling frequency in small steps which vary with time without producing any audible artifacts in the output, during the change. Such a time varying sampling rate change is a very important functionality in many multimedia systems, for example in achieving fine synchronization among various streams.
|SHARC Processor Family||Code RAM (RiB)||Data RAM (KiB)||Constant Data Tables (KiB)||MIPS Number of Channels|
|ADSP-214xx||5646||9520||(68 + (num_chans * 194)) * 4 + (30 + (num_chans*229))) * 4||12.6||24.95|
|ADSP-213xx||8040||9520||(68 + (num_chans * 194)) * 4 + (30 + (num_chans*229))) * 4||12.31||25.10|
- num_chans – Number of channels
- MIPS measured using standard bandwidth filter , input sample rate 44.1 KHz and output sample rate 48kHz, optimal memory layout with all code and data placed in internal memory, using filter set A.
- "Data RAM" includes Scratch, Instance/State memory for one instance.
- Data RAM and Constant data memory requirement is for a system which supports 44.1kHz-48kHz conversion using Filter Set A.
- The memory requirement for input and output buffers are not mentioned, as the application can choose the appropriate size for these buffers.
- 1 KiB = 1024 bytes
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.