Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3)
- Certified by Dolby Laboratories for 7.1 channel decoder floating point source code revision v2.0.1
- Code compatible and fully optimized for ADSP-214XX family of processors
- Compliant to Digital Audio Compression Standard (AC-3 E-AC3), Advanced Television Systems Committee, Doc A/52B, 14 th June 2005 and Digital Audio Compression (AC-3, Enhanced AC-3) Standard, ETSI TS 102366 V1.2.1 (2008-08)
- Sample rate supported 32,44.1 and 48KHz
- Support all valid bitrates ranging from 32Kbps to 6.144Mbps
- Fully reentrant and multi-instancing capable
- Framework dependencies: None
- Release format: Object code module with C source wrapper
- Input format: Raw AC-3/E-AC3 bitstream with Little Endean format
- Output format: PCM samples in 32bit IEEE single precision floating point format
Dolby® Digital Plus, or Enhanced AC-3 (E-AC-3), is an advanced surround sound audio codec designed specifically for evolving media. Dolby Digital Plus brings cinematic sound to Blu-ray™, broadcast, online, game, and mobile phone entertainment. Dolby Digital Plus is based on core Dolby Digital technologies. Dolby Digital Plus offers a number of technical advances which includes new algorithms and spectral efficiencies for even better sound quality as well as bandwidth savings , Scalable architecture, allowing content creators to choose the optimal data rate for each type of media and added channel capability—up to 7.1 channels for current media.
The ADI Dolby Digital Plus Decoder has been highly optimized to run on the Analog Devices' SHARC processor family. It is a self-contained software module that is fully compliant with Dolby specifications and is rigorously tested. It supports up to 7.1 channels and contains a standard C-callable 'push' API with the added flexibility of using 'pull' (or 'poll') by adding light 'wrapper' code. The code has no dependencies on processor peripherals or registers, adding greater system flexibility and ease of use.
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
| Code Memory (KiB)
|| Data RAM (KiB)
||Constant Data Tables (KiB)|| Average MIPS
- MIPS measured for 7.1 channel E-AC-3 test vector with sampling rate =48kHz, bit rate 576kbps for all code and data used by the module was located in internal memory
- "Data RAM" for one instance, includes Stack, Scratch and state buffers , input and output buffers to support 8 channels.
- 1 KiB = 1024 Bytes.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.