Dolby® TrueHD Decoder
- Target Processor: Code compatible across the SHARC processor Family ADSP-213xx and ADSP-214xx.
- Input format: Raw MLP bitstream, both FBB and FBA formats are supported.
- Release format: Object code module with C source wrapper.
- Framework dependencies: None
- Output format: Unformatted 24-bit fixed point PCM samples in non-interleaved buffers. Up to 8 output channels are supported.
- Sample Rate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz.
- Number of output channels: up to 7.1
- Multi-threading: Fully re-entrant and multi-instancing capable.
- Dolby certified on ADSP-21362/3/4/5/6, ADSP-21367/8/9, ADSP-21462/5/7/9, ADSP-21471/2/5/8/9, and ADSP-21481/2/3/5/6/7/8/9 processors.
Dolby TrueHD is a lossless audio coding technology designed for applications in high-definition disc media and other contexts where the quality of the programming demands playback accuracy that is bit-for-bit identical to the original performance. Expanding upon the proven foundation of MLP Lossless™, Dolby TrueHD is further defined by expanded bit rates (up to 18 Mbps), additional channel offerings (eight full-range channels), enhanced stereo mix support, and the introduction of metadata functionality (including dialogue normalization and dynamic range control). Dolby TrueHD is mandated for HD-DVD players and is an optional feature in the Blu-ray Disc™ format. Through the use of HDMI™, Dolby TrueHD bitstreams can also be decoded in A/V receivers.
The ADI implementation of Dolby TrueHD Decoder on SHARC has been fully tested using all Dolby certification tests according to Dolby requirements.
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
| SHARC Processor Family
|| Code RAM (KiB)
|| Data RAM (KiB)
|| Constant Data Tables (KiB)
- MIPS measured using Fs = 192kHz, 7.1 channel output, optimal memory layout, worst case test vector, running on an ADSP-21364 and an ADSP-21469.
- "Data RAM" for one instance, includes Stack, Scratch, Instance/State, Minimum Input and Output Single Buffers
- The Dolby TrueHD Decoder library was built using CrossCore® Embedded Studio 1.0.1.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio 1.0.1 for Analog Devices Processors.
- VisualDSP++ 5.0 Update 10.