Dirac Dimensions, SHARC
The Dirac Dimensions library for the SHARC processor implements an audio post-processing module specified by Dirac Research for the purpose of delivering premium automotive surround sound.
Dirac Dimensions™ unifies equalization, cross-over, delay, and gain adjustments, with up-mixing from its single- or multi-channel inputs to directly drive multiple speaker outputs. It applies a single customization step to expand the perceived space inside the car, replacing the actual loudspeakers with virtual ones placed in a listening room of your own design. Practicalities, such as up-mixing, setting of relative gains and delays, and acoustical tuning are all integrated in this unifying filter design framework. All available physical loudspeakers contribute, in a way impossible to calculate without advanced multi-dimensional acoustical modelling and mathematical optimization, to create the perfect Stereo or 5.1 experiences for all occupants in the car. Use this Dirac Dimensions DSP software from Analog Devices, Inc. to facilitate integration of Dirac audio processing algorithms in your SHARC-based sound system. In order to apply it to your sound system, you will need a Technology License from Dirac Research, including additional software.
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
| SHARC Processor
|| Code RAM (KiB)
|| Data RAM (KiB)
|| Constant Data Tables (KiB)
- MIPS is measured using a 6-input 9-output configuration, optimal internal memory code and data layout with coefficient data stored in external memory, on a SHARC ADSP-214xx processor.
- The configuration features: 5.1 multi-channel input, 4 high-band, 4 mid-band and 1 low-band outputs, Fs=48 kHz, 384 samples per block, 2564/1858/900 taps for high-/mid-/low-band filters, 6 input caches.
- Memory usage depends on the actual channel configuration used in a system.
- "Data RAM" for one instance includes stack, scratch, instance/state, input and output single buffers.
- 1 KiB = 1024 Bytes.
- Input buffer size is 9KiB and output buffer size is 13.5KiB for mixing 6 input to 9 output audio channels, using 384 samples per block.
- DMA is used to access filter coefficients stored off-chip.
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit).
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.