MPEG-4 SP/ASP Decoder, Blackfin
The ADI MPEG-4 SP/ASP Decoder library for the Blackfin processor implements an MPEG-4 video decoder, which is compliant with the INTERNATIONAL STANDARD ISO/IEC14496-2, Information technology — Coding of audio-visual objects — Part 2: Visual, Third edition 2004-06-01.
The code has been implemented using Instruction and Data cache. To optimize video decoding performance, internal SRAMs for Program and Data memory and Memory DMA are also utilized effectively.
|Code memory (KB)||Data RAM (MB)||L3 Memory (MB)||Output Buffer (MB)||MIPs||Test Case Description|
|ASP Average||ASP Moving Average Peak|
|99.8||18.46||1.86||2.06||33||48||QCIF, 384Kbps, 30fps|
|99.8||18.46||1.86||2.06||115||169||CIF, 1000Kbps, 30fps|
|99.8||18.46||1.86||2.06||380||537||VGA, 4 Mbps, 30fps|
- MIPS measured using different bit rates and resolution - bit rates of 384Kbps, 30 fps, 176x144 (QCIF) size sequence, 1.0Mbps, 30 fps, 352x288 (CIF) size sequence and 4.0Mbps, 30 fps, 640x480 (VGA) size sequence, ITU-R BT.656 output.
- Measurements done with CAS =3 for SDRAM, CCLK =594, SCLK =118.8 for ADSP-BF533.
- NTSC format, optimal memory layout on ADSP-BF533 processor, Advanced Simple Profile.
- Data cache and instruction cache are enabled. The cache is set in "write back" and "large cache" (DCBS=1) mode. Memory DMA is used.
- Code memory includes all the codes related to the library including 16KB of ICache.
- "Data RAM for L1" is for one instance, includes Stack, Scratch, Instance/Stage and do not include 32KB of DCache.
- "Data RAM for L3" is for one instance for a D1 frame including frame buffers for the instance.
- "Output Buffer" indicates the minimum memory (two PAL frame) required in the settings mentioned above. This is because PAL frame size is bigger than NTSC.
- 1 MB = 1024 KiB; 1 KiB = 1024 Bytes.
- MIPS number is quite similar for ADSP-BF527/BF561/BF609 processors.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.