MPEG-4 HE-AAC v2 Decoder, Blackfin
The MPEG-4 HE-AAC v2 decoder library (with DAB and DRM support) for the Blackfin processor implements a combination of Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), Spectral Band Replication (SBR) and Parametric Stereo (PS), standardized as the High-Efficiency v2 profile in MPEG-4 (HE AAC v2).
This version of the HE-ACC v2 decoder implements the baseline version of the PS tool. For streams not containing Parametric Stereo data, this decoder uses the High Quality (HQ) SBR tool. It also supports the ETSI DAB standard, which specifies a Digital Audio Broadcasting system requiring a HE-AAC v2 decoder that can handle 960 samples per frame within the core AAC-LC codec, and implementation of error concealment to handle corrupted audio frames.
In addition, this decoder provides optional processing of Dynamic Range Control (DRC) to make use of any DRC information signaled in the bitstream. The library can also be configured to decode AAC-LC input streams as such that resource usage is optimal. The HE-ACC v2 decoder module is supported with CrossCore® Embedded Studio development environment.
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
|Decoder Memory Configuration||Code (KiB)
||Table (Ki B)
|AAC-LC Only enabled||50.70
|HE-AACv2 (with DAB support)||125.67
|HE-AACv2 (with DRM support)||125.67
|HE-AACv2 (EC and DRC disabled)
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors or VisualDSP++ 5.0 with the latest update.