MPEG-2 Video Decoder, Blackfin
The ADI MPEG-2 Video Decoder library for the Blackfin processor implements an MPEG-2 video decoder, which is compliant with the INTERNATIONAL STANDARD ISO/IEC 13818-2: 2000(E), Information technology — Generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information: Video, Second edition 2000-12-15.
- Profile: Simple and Main Profile.
- Level: Up to Main Level.
- Frame Types Supported: I, P ,B
- Progressive and Interlaced Support: Yes
- Number of Reference Frames: 2
- Entropy Decoder: VLD
- Motion Vector: 1 MV per Macroblock
- Motion Vector Accuracy: ½ pel
- Conformance: Conformance to ISO/IEC 13818-2 Simple and Main Profile test vectors
- Target Processor: ADSP-BF533, ADSP-BF54x, ADSP-BF561, ADSP-BF52x & code compatible across ADSP-BF5xx Blackfin processor family
- Frame Work Dependencies: None
- Release Format: Object code module with C source wrapper
- Input Format – Elementary bit stream of MPEG-2 video object (ISO/IEC 13818-2)
- Output Format – ITU-R BT.656 format or YUV4:2:0 planar format (when the legacy code is used) and RGB565, RGB888 or ITU-R BT.656 format when the custom code (external post-processing API) is used
- Frame Rate: All frame rates specified by SP and MP standards
- Bit Rate: All bit rates specified by SP and MP standards
- Multi-channel: Fully re-entrant at frame level and multi-instancing capable
- Color Conversion using external post-processing API: Example code for RGB565, RGB888 and ITU-R BT.656 color conversion. This has a great advantage of reducing EBIU bandwidth for the transfer of YUV420 data.
- Post Processing - Color Space Conversion (YUV420 to ITU-R 656 ) and Clipping: User configurable function. - Scaling as desired by Aspect Ratio - User configurable function.
- Scaling - User configurable function. Default scaling as desired by Aspect Ratio. Telecine (24 to 30 fps) –Only reported by the decoder. Deinterlacing - A simple de interlacer in ITU-R BT.656 mode only.
The ADI MPEG-2 Video Decoder library for the Blackfin processor is a software implementation of an MPEG-2 video decoder, compliant with the INTERNATIONAL STANDARD ISO/IEC 13818-2: 2000(E), Information technology — Generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information: Video, Second edition 2000-12-15. The ADI MPEG-2 Video Decoder is highly optimised to run on Analog Devices’ Blackfin processor family. It is a self-contained software module that is fully compliant with ISO/IEC13818-2 specification up to Main Profile and Main Level.
|Code Memory (KiB)||Data RAM (MB)||Output Buffer (MB)||Cycles/pel (MIPS)|
|L1 (KiB)||L3 (MB)||Average||Moving Average Peak|
|43.83||35.80||1.78||2.06||38 (390)||43 (446)|
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 G