µC/OS-III™ Real-Time Kernel for CrossCore® Embedded Studio
- Integrates seamlessly with CrossCore Embedded Studio
- Supports CrossCore Embedded Studio configuration user interface windows
- Debugging status window
- Scalable to contain only required features
- Supports pre-emptive and co-operative scheduling, including round-robin scheduling
- Tasks and kernel object management are limited by processor memory only
- Supports inter-task messaging
- Supports pending on multiple kernel objects
- Configurable error checking to reduce footprint and MIPS when required
- Delivered with complete 100% ANSI C source code and in-depth documentation
The μC/OS-III is Micrium’s newest RTOS, designed to save time on embedded system projects. In addition to the features inherent in μC/OS-II, μC/OS-III does not impose limits on the number of application tasks. Limits are constrained only by a processor’s access to memory.
μC/OS-III supports an unlimited number of priority levels. Typically, configuring μC/OS-III for between 32 and 256 different priority levels is adequate for most embedded applications.
μC/OS-III does not impose limits on number of tasks, semaphores, mutexes, event flags, message queues, timers and memory partitions. The user allocates all kernel objects at run time. μC/OS-III provides features to allow stack growth of tasks to be monitored. While task size is not limited, they need to have a minimum size based on the processor used.
μC/OS-III allows multiple tasks to run at the same priority level. When equal priority tasks are ready to run, μC/OS-III runs each for a user- specified time. Each task can define its own time quanta and give up its time slice if it does not require the full time quanta.
μC/OS-III ensures that NULL pointers are not passed, task level services from ISRs aren’t called, arguments are within allowable range, and specified options are valid. Each API function provides an error code regarding the outcome of the function call.
μC/OS-III’s footprint can be scaled to only contain the features required for a specific application. The execution time for most services provided by μC/OS-III is both constant and deterministic; execution times do not depend on the number of tasks running in the application.
Part number: AD-UCOS3-SPRD
CROSSCORE® Tools Support:
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only)
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required
- CrossCore Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors