The video encoder and decoder EI3 extender boards are low-cost, plug-on extenders for EZ-Boards that support the Expansion Interface 3 (EI3) specification. These extenders support evaluation of video processing on an embedded processor from Analog Devices. For information about compatible EZ-Board products, see the processors family's Software and Tools page.
The Video Decoder & Video Encoder EI3 Extender Boards, both EZ-Extender® products, are low cost platforms facilitating the evaluation of video processing on an Analog Devices Embedded Processor via Analog Devices’ EZ-Board® development hardware and the CrossCore® Embedded Studio software development environment.
The encoder has two video output devices. The first is the Analog Devices ADV7511, an HDMI transmitter for home entertainment products such as gaming consoles, PCs, DVD payers and recorders, digital set top boxes and A/V receivers. The second is the Analog Devices ADV7341, an encoder for DVD recorders and players and HD Blu-ray DVD players.
The decoder employs the Analog Devices ADV7842, a device for AVR video receivers, LCD/DLP front projectors, HDTV STBs with PVR, projectors and advanced TVs such as PDP HDTVs, LCD TVs, LCD/DLP rear projection HDTVs, CRT TVs LCoS HDTVs.
Video decoders with hardcoded encryption keys (ADZS-DECODEK-EX3) are available to decode High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) protected content over the HDMI connection. Note that decoders with encryption keys are available to HDCP licensees only.
These EZ-Extenders connect with embedded processor EZ-Boards that support the Expansion Interface 3 (EI3) specification. This new interface facilitates more available signals on the interface connectors and a reduction in size over the previous EI2 specification. Software examples are provided to demonstrate the functionality of the devices on the Extender.
CROSSCORE® Tools Support:
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643) Contact Support
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.
Video Decoder & Video Encoder EI3 Extender Board - Board Design Database (Rev. 1.0)