The camera EI3 extender board is a low-cost, plug-on extender for EZ-Boards that support the Expansion Interface 3 (EI3) specification. This extender supports evaluation of 8, 10, and 12-bit Aptina Imaging CMOS image sensors and image processor/SOCs with an embedded processor from Analog Devices. For information about compatible EZ-Board products, see the processors family's Software and Tools page.
It features a connector for a flat panel interface. It also connects with any of the new line of EZ-Boards that support the EI3 specification. This new expansion interface allows for more available signals on the interface connectors and a reduction in size over the previous EI2 specification.
Software drivers and examples are provided to demonstrate the image processing capabilities of Analog Devices embedded processors and Aptina image sensors. This product also employs Software Configuration (SoftConfig) Technology, eliminating the need for mechanical switches and jumpers for configuration.
CROSSCORE® Tools Support:
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.
- Display image on WVGA/LCD EI3 Extender Board; or Video Encoder EI3 Extender Board and TV