Blackfin Landscape LCD EZ Extender
Supporting a 3.5” landscape QVGA (320x240) display from SHARP which can operate at VDDIO from 1.6V to 3.6V, it facilitates both normal and low power applications. The low cost touchscreen controller for this display is the Analog Devices AD7879, a small 16 pin LFCSP package ideal for low power applications.
The EZ-Extender employs the Analog Devices AD7147-1 programmable controller designed for use with capacitance touch sensors. The capacitance controller interfaces to the Blackfin processor over a simple two wire interface (TWI). The other end of the controller interfaces to external capacitance sensors such as capacitive buttons, scroll bars, and scroll wheels. No external power supply is required for the EZ-Extender.
For information on software examples for the CrossCore Embedded Studio toolchain go to www.analog.com/SWExamples. VisualDSP++ examples are provided in the toolchain.
Note: The Blackfin Landscape EZ-Extender has limited compatibility with the ADSP-BF537 EZ-KIT Lite. Below are the following limitations:
- The Sharp LCD and the AD7879 (LCD Touch Controller) can be used together or the Sharp LCD and the AD7147-1 (Capacitance Touch Controller) can be used together.
- The AD7879, AD7147-1, and the Sharp Display cannot all be used simultaneously.
- This is due to limited GPIO availability on the BF537 Stamp PPI Interface. All other supported products (BF526, BF538, and BF548 EZ-KITs) allow a user to use all three simultaneously.
Part number: ADZS-BFLLCD-EZEXT
CROSSCORE® Tools Support
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit).
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.