The ADSP-CM40x EZ-Board and EZ-Kit Lite evaluation hardware provide a low-cost hardware solution for evaluating the ADSP-CM40x mixed-signal control processor family.
The ADSP-CM403F EZ-KIT Lite and ADSP-CM408F EZ-KIT Lite include all hardware necessary to immediately begin evaluation.
- The ADSP-CM403F EZ-Board™ (for evaluating ADSP-CM402F & ADSP-CM403F) and the ADSP-CM408F EZ-Board™ (for evaluating ADSP-CM407F & ADSP-CM408F).
- The J-LINK LITE ARM debug probe from Segger.
The ADSP-CM403F EZ-Board and the ADSP-CM408F EZ-Board can also be purchased separately, if a debug probe is already available to the customer.
The ADSP-CM40x Board Design Database contains all of the electronic information required for the design, layout, fabrication and assembly of the ADSP-CM40x EZ-Boards, and is available to download from the Products Download area on this page.
Two expansion connectors are available for connecting probing boards that extend the system’s evaluation capabilities:
- Analog 120-Pin Probing Board - The board provides probing points for any analog signal of the 120-pin expansion interface connector.
- PWM 180-Pin Probing Board - The board provides probing points for any PWM/digital signal of the 180-pin expansion interface connector.
The probing boards are available separately as daughter boards that plug onto the ADSP-CM403F or
IAR Embedded Workbench is a complete high-performance C/C++ compiler and debugger toolchain that incorporates a compiler, an assembler, a linker and a debugger into one easy-to-use IDE. It is required for development and purchased directly from IAR Systems. Free evaluation versions are available for download.
The CM40x Enablement Software package provides C language programming environment and Application Programming Interface (API) supporting a quick and easy functional interface to the Analog’s ADSP-CM40x mixed-signal control processor family products. The API abstracts the low-level details of various peripherals (Controller Registers, DMA Engine and Interrupt Controller) into a simple, easy-to-use programming model. It comes in source form with various example programs to shorten your application’s time to market. Current and future versions of the software are available free of charge and always downloadable from here.
The software and documentation pack for the J-Link LITE ARM is available directly from Segger and requires entry of the serial number displayed on the back of the probe to activate it.
For applications that require use of the Ethernet or USB peripherals, the ADZS-CM40x family is supported by Micrium's uC/TCP-IP™ and uC/USB Device™ ARM M-Series solutions. Both of these items require use of uC/OS-III® RTOS and all must be purchased directly from Micrium.,The ADSP-CM40x mixed-signal control processor family is based on the ARM®Cortex®-M4 core and is designed for motor control and industrial applications. The ADSP-CM40x Evaluation HardwareADSP-CM40x mixed-signal control processor family is based on the ARM®Cortex®-M4 core and is designed for motor control and industrial applications. The ADSP-CM40x Evaluation Hardware
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 8 Professional/Enterprise (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the product documentation.
- IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM.